We offer 3 different washbasin materials. Learn more about our washbasins:
Cast mineral material is a very durable and resistant polymer material that can be perfectly formed in a casting process. This enables outlandish designs in the widest range of colours and shapes to be realized. The gloss finish of the cast mineral material washstand is created by a special coating, the gelcoat. The gelcoat is non-porous and gives the washstand the best properties in use and a perfect hygienic, joint-free surface.
Before assembly, the washbasin must be checked for transport damage. When installing the washbasin, apply a strip of silicone to the support edges. Then carefully place the washbasin on top and seal the wall connection side and cabinet connection side with silicone. If further tiling or mirror installation is to be carried out after the washbasin has been installed, the the washbasin must be covered.
Ceramic is a natural product. In the creation process, a mass of clay minerals is fired at over 1,200°C with an additional surface glaze. Ceramic washstands are characterised by their smooth, dense finish which is resistant to scratches. Ceramic is therefore very easy to care for and hygienic. Even extremely hot water, alkaline cleaning agents and scouring creams do not leave any trace on the surface. Ceramic is an all-rounder!
Before assembly, the washbasin must be checked for transport damage. When assembling the washbasin, follow the assembly instructions supplied. The washbasin is fixed to the wall with special mounting screws or to the base unit with silicone. With both variants, the joints to the wall must be sealed with silicone. If further tiling or mirror installation is to be carried out after the washbasin has been installed, the washbasin must be covered to prevent damage.
Glass washbasins are just as exceptional as those of cast mineral material and ceramics. In terms of stability and resistance, the safety glass has practically the same properties. The non-porous and smooth finish of glass ensures that even strongly acidic chemicals cannot cause any damage. The coating also allows water to bead off very well. The surface is resistant to scratches. Thanks to the stylish appearance, the glass washstand transforms the bathroom into a true work of art.
1. Generally clean only with a soft damp cloth, chamois or sponge and dry all surfaces. 2. Carefully selected materials and steady quality control are basis of our production. Our quality is suitable for a normal bathroom-climate (relative humidity for a short time up to 95%). However it is necessary to make sure that you have enough ventilation in your bathroom to avoid dammedup water. Swelling of the material as a result of the effects of water cannot be accepted as a complaint. Remove any water immediately and dry all surfaces. 3. To remove stubborn stains add a mild household cleaner or a small shot of grain alcohol to your water. Dry the surfaces with a soft smooth cloth (you find more care tips and details provided by the manufacturers of your cleaning and care products). 4. Never rub only on one spot or with any pressure. What your bathroom does not like at all: hardened dirty cloths, anything that scratches, etches or burns, such as scouring agents, stain remover, nail-polish remover, furniture polish, etc. These kind of cleaners destroy the surfaces. 5. Never use chrome cleaning agents on chrome-plated or aluminium trim/handle strips, handles, sockets, etc. Simply proceed exactly as described above.
6. Never use furniture-polish at your wood-décor surfaces. Just clean with a soft damp cloth. 7. Regular ventilation and cleaning is a necessity for a preservation of quality and appearance of your furniture.
Mirror cabinets/mirror panels Remove splashes, drips and marks with a soft, dry cloth only. Cosmetics and greasy residues can be removed with a chamois leather and hot water, without the addition of any cleaning agents. Please use no chemicals or window cleaners. Please do not place any aerosol cans on the tops of the mirror cabinets, as heat produced by the light may lead to the risk of an explosion. Please ensure that the mirror edges are exposed to as little moisture as possible. Always wipe dry the mirror edges if possible as otherwise coating damage could form.
Washbasins Clean the surface with a soft cloth, a sponge and liquid soap (e.g. VISS bath cleaner, AJAX all-purpose liquid cleaner or Frosch lemon cleaner). Please do not use coarse sponges, scouring agents or scouring milk. Stubborn stains and traces of use (small scratches), cigarette burns etc. can also be removed with special polishing paste. Whitish marks, smears and matt spots are frequently caused by hard water. These can be easily removed with commercially available limescale removers. Rinse immediately with plenty of water. It is good for any surface if spilt substances are removed as soon as possible. Nail polish and hair dye marks can also be treated with acetone. Please rinse with plenty of water. Slight circular traces of polish are an expression of the hand-crafted production process. These do not represent any cause for complaint. Please ensure that the water temperature does not exceed 65° C.
Sanitary fittings Chrome-plated surfaces are sensitive to limescale-removing agents, acidic cleaners and all types of scouring agents. It is recommended that you remove minor soiling with soapy water only, and then polish the fitting with a woollen cloth. Remove limescale deposits with household vinegar. In the case of painted/coloured surfaces, the use of abrasive, corrosive or alcohol-based cleaning agents is to be avoided at all cost. Use only clean water, and polish with a woollen cloth. Should you notice a reduction in the flow of water it may be necessary to clean the aerator. To clean the aerator, dismantle it and flush it out.
Melamine coated The basic shell meets the DIN 68765 standard. All the panels used are made of 3-layer chipboard, melamine resin-coated on both sides and hence extremely easy to clean, and of course complying with emissions category E1. All the basic shell edges are coated (with white edge rear). All the front basic shell edges (visible edges) are covered with a thick edging strip, for better product use and for safety.
Foil coating DIN 68765 applies to the body. All panels are MDF panels, onesided, with glossy plastic coating. Coated on the back with MF resin and thus easy-to-clean and complying with emission class E1. The rear panels in all the basic shell models are set back and mounted in grooves, enabling good ventilation between wall and furniture.
Full metal clip-on hinges (incl. Softclosing) The hinges are adjustable in three dimensions, and have an opening angle of ca. 108° (except for bevelled cabinets). This provides easy access to the inside of the cabinet. The clip-on technique enables the doors to be easily hung and removed, without tools. As a result it is easy to clean the basic shell and the door edges thoroughly. With the new door suspension system, the doors close softly and quietly even if they are shut with force. It adjusts itself to the closing speed and weight of the door.
Metal drawers The drawers/extensions run as if on air, on concealed runners – fully extending in every case, including damped auto-retract and non-return device. All the drawers/extensions can be fitted and removed without any tools. The fronts can be adjusted horizontally by 1 mm on each side, and vertically by 2mm. The angle of the–front panel can also be adjusted. The total permissible load is 30 kg per drawer und 30 kg per drawer. The storage space can be perfectly subdivided by means of internal dividers (optional). The double-walled steel drawer with a 16 mm base has a roller-bearing drawer runner with self-closing and soft-close technology.
Download Aperture Adjustment and Assembly Instructions
Wall-hanging To enable easy installation and perfect alignment of the cabinets, we have used full metal wall-hanging fittings with a load-bearing capacity of 75 kg each, thus offering a high degree of safety. All the cabinets are intended for attachment to the wall.
The Clou system is a drain and overflow system that is mounted behind or under the washbasin and thus takes over the overflow function. The overflow hole integrated in the washbasin is missing and the basin therefore has a completely closed surface.
1. the water flows directly through the drain in the basin via the siphon into the waste water.
2. when the drain valve is closed, the water rises not only in the basin but also in parallel in the riser pipe.
3. when the fill level in the riser pipe is reached, the water flowing down is directed through the overflow pipe into the drain. This prevents overflowing in the washbasin.
Download Clou installation instructions